Switching Water Supplier
Switching water supplier in the competitive water market is now available to businesses in England (but not in Wales or Northern Ireland). Eligible businesses include businesses, charities and public sector organisations.
The water market in Scotland deregulated in 2008. Customers in Wales may only be able to switch if their usage is more than 50 megalitres a year.
Who’s who in the market? The Structure of the Market
The structure of the market is as follows;
- Customers – There are 1.2 million non-household or ‘business’ customers in England who are eligible to switch their water supplier. You can check with us if you are not sure if your organisation can switch business supplier or not.
- Retailers or Business water suppliers – Retailers are able to compete for all of the 1.2 million eligible business customers and provide meter reading, billing and customer services activities.
- Wholesalers – The original monopoly regional companies that own and operate the network of pipes, mains and treatment works. They act as the wholesalers in the market, selling water and wastewater services to business water suppliers. You should contact your Wholesaler in the event of an emergency. Emergencies would include an unplanned disruption to your water supply, sewer flooding, an external burst water main and taste or odour issues with your water.
Switching Water Supplier – Who can?
Generally speaking, only non- domestic or non-household customers such as businesses, charities and public sector organisations with business premises can choose their business water supplier. The definition of the word businesses will include limited companies and limited partnerships, as well non-company businesses, for example Sole Traders or Partnerships. They range from farms to factories and shops to offices. You an check with us if you are not sure if your organisation can switch business supplier or not.
Why Consider Switching Water Supplier to Aquaflow?
Switching business water supplier to Aquaflow is quicker and easier than you may think. You will benefit from better standards of service, tailored service offerings, advice on saving water and lower prices. The water quality remains the same. We offer exceptional levels of customer service, a competitive pricing strategy and a technology driven approach to saving water costs. Our customer services are based in the UK and we have account management teams to support our customers nationwide. Our flexible approach allows you to contact us as you prefer, whether that’s by phone, email or letter.
Switch to Aquaflow Today – Contact us for a Quote
To get the best quote please find your latest water bill to find out exactly how much water you use and how much you pay for it. Lastly please tell us your Service Supply Point Identification Number or SPID. If you do not have this information to hand, please ring us and we will help you get this information.
Based on this information we can provide you with a competitive quote promptly. We will make switching to Aquaflow as straightforward as possible.
- Contact us for a quote 0161 660 4437
- We’ll arrange the paperwork or an online quote
- We’ll take care of the rest
Our Customer Services Team will manage the switching process promptly and efficiently. We’ll keep you updated every step of the way and tell you when it’s complete.
If you would prefer to email us for a quote, please complete our sales enquiry form, Click here…